Although South Devon and Torbay CCG aims to commission and provide the highest quality of services, sometimes it may be necessary for you to contact us about a service. We welcome your feedback as it helps us to improve our service to you, and if things have gone wrong, we will try to put things right, make sure improvements are made and the quality of care improved.
Download our Patient Experience leaflet here and our poster here. Our policy on complaints and informal concerns can be found here. Our policy on the management of serious incidents is here.
Telephone: 01803 652 578 (lines are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
Write to: Patient Experience
NHS South Devon and Torbay CCG
Oak View Close
If you have recently used our service, please take the time to fill in this short survey and tell us about your experience. The survey is here.
Informal advice, support, comments and compliments:
You may want advice or support in understanding health services or you might want to give comments or a compliment. We welcome feedback and will do all we can to try to resolve any issues or provide you with up to date accurate advice.
We can help sort out issues, resolve problems and offer non clinical advice, we can also support you with getting information.
One of the most common enquiries we receive is about Patient Transport: a leaflet about transport options is available here.
Making a formal complaint:
You may make a complaint in writing, by email, telephone or in person. It is important to make your complaints as soon as possible. Usually the NHS will only investigate complaints that are either:
- Made within 12 months of the event
- Made within 12 months of you realising that you have something to complain about
These time limits may be set aside if there are good reasons why you could not complain sooner and providing it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and efficiently.
You might want independent support to raise a complaint, the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service can help you with this, you can download their leaflet here or contact them on 0330 440 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient Opinion is a completely independent website where you can leave feedback about health services: https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/.
- Torbay Hospital Patient Services (Advice and Complaints) – for complaints, comments or feedback about Torbay Hospital and its services
- Community Hospitals and Community Services Feedback Team – for complaints comments or feedback about Community Hospitals, District Nursing Teams, Continuing Healthcare and Community Services
- South Western Ambulance Service Patient Experience Team – for complaints, comments and feedback about emergency ambulances, paramedics and 999 as well as NHS 111
- NHS England National Complaints Service – for complaints about GPs, Dentists, Pharmacists and Opticians only
- Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – the Ombudsman deals with complaints and poor service within the health service, normally only after attempts have been made to resolve issues locally
- Healthwatch Torbay – Healthwatch are the independent consumer champions for health and social care across England. Healthwatch Torbay cover Paignton, Torquay and Brixham areas
- Healthwatch Devon – Healthwatch are the independent consumer champions for health and social care across England. Healthwatch Devon covers the rest of Devon, except Plymouth
- Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Advice and Complaints Team – Provide a complaints and Advice service for patients in Exeter, East, Mid, North, West Devon and Plymouth